Sunday, August 15, 2010

Emotional Day

We got to Missouri yesterday to visit the Ward Family and to spend some time with Dad Ward. He has been pretty ill for the past few months, when we got here Dad was in bed being cared for by the love of his life. He was able to hear us and reply when asked a question. Harry's Dad was a great man but lost his fight to his illness this afternoon with his family and loved ones gathered around him. We were here in time to say our good byes and see the little twinkle in his eye one last time. This is a man that I admired greatly. He welcomed me into this family with open arms and was only ever worried about our happiness. I know I married a man that will take care of me and love me the way his Dad loved his Mother.

This is a cute picture of Harry and his Dad.

2 comments:

Alli Blue said...

Sending our love! That baby is sooooooooo Harry! It looks just like him now, just less hair! Sorry for your loss <3

Chrystal said...

I'm so sorry, I know grief is awful. We'll be praying for Harry and you and all your family. Your tribute is beautiful.