Sunday, September 7, 2008

I CAN be a Domestic Goddess.

My very first attempt at canning was a success. Except I am not very patient and could not wait to open the canner to see what happen in there. Harry had to read me the instructions several times so I could understand the timing and all that jazz. We did our peaches today, and I will do the nectarines tomorrow. It was fun and not as bad I thought it would be. Now I remind myself of my Grandma Smart. She made us eat all her canned fruit, hmmmmm but I don't remember really liking it that much. But I'm sure I will LOVE my own.

Why do they call it canning? The peaches are in jars..... ;o)





3 comments:

Bob & Khristie said...

OOOOHHHH - those look so tasty! Bob & I did some pickles last year with our neighbor. They turned out really good & I don't even LIKE pickles! Home made stuff is always better.
Way to go, Martha Stewart!

Pattie said...

oh wow jill you are simply amazing...love you

Alli Blue said...

Those look so good! You are a domestic diva~!